Samuel Adams
Chief Master Sergeant
United States Air Force
Goldenrod, Florida
August 02, 1935 to December 31, 1965
(Incident Date October 31, 1965)
SAMUEL ADAMS is on the Wall at Panel 3E, Line 8

Samuel Adams
usafseal.gif 13thaf.gif

10 Feb 1999

Please also see the page for Charles Dusing. They were not only airman stationed together they were friends and my dad (Tom Moore), wherever he is, is with them too.

Diane Moore-Rich

03 May 2003

Chief Master Sergeants Sam Adams, Tom Moore, and Charles Dusing
also are remembered on
Timothy Guy's memorial


A Note from The Virtual Wall

On Saturday, 30 October 1965, four friends - SSgt Samuel Adams, SSgt Charles G. Dusing, TSgt Jasper N. Page and TSgt Thomas Moore - departed Tan Son Nhut Airbase in an Army UH1B helicopter bound for the resort city of Vung Tao and a weekend of swimming in the South China Sea. They arrived at Vung Tao about 10 AM, rented a beach cottage, and spent the remainder of the day and the next morning enjoying the beach. In the early afternoon Samuel Adams placed a call to Tan Son Nhut Airbase to confirm their return flight and was informed that no aircraft was available. The four men began thinking of ways to return to Saigon.

They were able to arrange for a lift with an older Vietnamese lady who agreed that her driver could take them to Tan Son Nhut after dropping her off at her home. At about 1630 they departed Vung Tao, heading toward Saigon on Route 15. After dropping off the older lady, they continued toward Saigon. However, about a mile southeast of Ap Tham Thien the truck was halted and the four Americans captured by Viet Cong.

The VC disarmed and tied their captives and marched them into the jungle. Two days later, Page and Adams were able to escape. Adams was recaptured at once, and possibly wounded as well. Page was able to evade recapture and by 4 November had made his way to the Tam An Special Forces Camp. Search and rescue efforts were begun immediately but to no avail - the other three men could not be located.

Based on Page's report that his three friends were alive in captivity when last seen, Adams, Dusing, and Moore were classed as prisoners of war and were continued in that status for the next 7-1/2 years.

As part of the 1973 Geneva agreements, the North Vietnamese provided a listing of those prisoners who had died while in captivity. The list included Adams, Dusing, and Moore with dates of death in December 1965. Their remains have never been repatriated.

Additional information is available on the
POW Network
Task Force Omega

Contact Us © Copyright 1997-2017, Ltd ®(TM) Last update 09/11/2017