Ronald Hall
Private First Class
Army of the United States
Birmingham, Alabama
July 20, 1948 to October 02, 1967
RONALD HALL is on the Wall at Panel 27E, Line 39



During the Vietnam War there was no overriding reason to keep close track of names of the men and women who died as a result of military service in the war zone. A decade after the withdrawal of US forces, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial was approved for construction. The service branches went back through their records to identify our dead by name.

Inevitably some men who should have been named on the "Wall" were not. Over the years additional names have been inscribed on the Wall - some were men who died after the war as a result of wounds received in the war, and others were men whose names were overlooked in earlier years.

The Department of Defense has approved having his name etched on the Wall during May 2014, along with 13 other names. His name will be placed somewhere near the names of those who died the same day.

Records indicate Ronald Hall (No middle Name) processed into the military at the US Army Reception Station, Fort Benning Georgia from 26 July 1966 until 6 August when he was assigned to Company D, 5th Training Battalion, Training Brigade, at Benning for Basic Combat Training, which was completed 30 September 1966.

SP4 Hall then completed is Advanced Individual Training at Fort Sam Houston from October 3 to December 17, 1966 when he was assigned to a Casual Status pending orders at the HHC, 4th Battalion, US Army Training Center at Fort Sam. He remained in that status until the 17th of January when he took 30 days leave prior to his departure for Vietnam.

On the 20th of February, he was assigned to Company C, 4th Medical Battalion, 4th Infantry Division as a Medical Aid Man. He was only in country for a month when on the 16th of February, he became a patient at US Army Hospital Ryukyu Islands (RYIS) for unknown illness. On 10 April 1967, he returned to duty in Vietnam as an Ambulance Orderly until 17 June 1967 when he was admitted as a patient to the Medical Holding Detachment 106th General Hospital in Japan. On 7 July, he was returned to the Continental United States and the next day was admitted to Brooke Army Medical Center at Fort Sam Houston.

On the 12th of September 1967, under the provisions of Title 10, US Code, Section 1201, he was Permanently retired by reason of physical disability and transferred to the Veterans Administration Hospital in Birmingham Alabama where he passed away on October 2, 1967 from his illness, to date, unknown.

He was survived by mother, Mrs. Bettie N. Hall, living then at 8th Avenue South, Birmingham and she buried her son in Shadow Lawn Memorial Park, 15th Street, Birmingham.

Contact Us © Copyright 1997-2017, Ltd ®(TM) Last update 08/23/2017